Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $76,000.00 /year
Keith's Appliances has an immediate opening for an experienced Accounting and Business Manager to join our team.
This is a hands-on position that will supervise, direct, develop, and help control the day-to-day operations of the business. Candidate must have strong attention to detail, be highly organized, have strong analytical capabilities and the ability to work with a diverse group of people and act as a liaison between department.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of accounting (accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, general ledger entries, bank reconciliation, credit card expense report reconciliation, cash applications, collections, and payroll)
- Responsible for delivering timely and accurate financial processing, month end close, cash management reports, and balance sheet reconciliation including revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital asset recons, fixed asset activity and debt activity.
- Responsible for delivering of quarterly and year end reconciliations and information required by accounting firm and bank.
- Responsible for cash management, ACH payments, and maintaining lines of credit
- Maintain professional banking relationships
- Process new customer credit references and assign credit limits and terms
- Coordinate and direct the development and preparation of budgets, forecasts, and projections
- Process and prepare all state and federal required reports necessary for business including renewing of any certificates for business entities.
- Review payroll taxes and ensure timely payment of payroll and corporate taxes by payroll service
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, bank reports, and various detailed analysis reports, including MISC-1099 for sales agents
- Maintain files and comply with record retention requirements
- Process payroll using a payroll service
- File benefit forms with the various agencies
- Assist in the negotiation of the company’s insurance policies annually or as often as fiscally beneficial (physical damage, liability, worker’s compensation) and oversee the claims submission process to ensure loss control measures are being adhered to
- Analyze and negotiated contracts with various vendors.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals
- Strong budgeting, financial forecasting, and financial analysis skills required.
- Strong leadership, management, and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities with superior numeric skills
- Possess well-developed interpersonal and communication, verbal, and written skills
- Must be result and profit oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations and perform multifaceted projects
- Must be highly motivated and have the ability to function independently and multi-task
- Must be detail oriented and highly accurate.
- Ability to manage and direct employees
- Ability to resolve employee conflicts, problems, and complaints
- Expert computer skills – proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to learn full package software used by company and be computer software savvy.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or finance, with 3-5 years proven experience in similar positions.
Management: 3 years (Preferred)
Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
-Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
-Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
-Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
-Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
-High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
*Waiting period may apply*
-Paid Health, Vision and Dental Benefits
-Paid vacation and holiday time
-Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
-Paid sick and personal time
-Retirement options with employer match